About this role
We’re hiring an Accountant - Utilities, for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. As a member of the Finance Transformation team, this position is responsible for various accounting activities for our business, which includes inventory accounting, production, variable and fixed cost reporting, commodities, contractual billings, government reporting and audit support. This is a one year contract with potential for extension.
- Independently carries out varied assignments requiring a broad application of GAAP/IFRS financial principles and internal policies and guidelines
- Provide cost accounting and reporting, including analysis of inventory, sales and fixed costs
- Interprets and applies changes to complex billings with a sound understanding of contractual compliance
- Partner with commercial group for analysis of commodities and completion of monthly accounting and reporting in accordance with contractual arrangements
- Provides technical expertise and consulting to Finance Transformation leadership and manufacturing teams to address financial and accounting issues
- Fulfills request for information with external and internal audit, ensuring compliance with internal control policy and processes
- Prepares complex regulatory reports and submissions
- Account reconciliation and analysis on balance sheet accounts
- Completes ad hoc requests, as required
- Anticipates and acts on continuous improvement opportunities with the goal to create synergies, maximize our technological investment in S4HANA while following the values and practices of the client’s Nature
- Develops and drives the plan to manage fixed and variable budget and forecast activities
- Participates in benchmarking studies and other improvement initiatives
- Degree or diploma in accounting, finance, commerce, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in similar Accounting position
- Professional accounting designation is preferred
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrates an aptitude to understand complex processes and computerized financial and operational systems
- Proficient use of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers
- Self – starter with proven ability to establish and meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to strive for results and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of company personnel including operations, commercial, distribution and other accounting groups, as well as both internal and external auditors.
- Works with the analysts within the Finance Transformation team on variance reporting
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary