About this role
We’re hiring a Human Resources Associate for our client, a globally successful animal health company.
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment, interviews and selection process for multiple departments leveraging WORKDAY HCM
- Responsible to ensure efficient procedures relating to new hires: create offer letters and offer package, organize relocation arrangements, on boarding schedules and packages for all associates,
- Participate in the signing on and on boarding of new associate’s day one through first six months and ensure appropriate follow up is occurring.
- Coach Leaders on Recruitment best practices
- Payroll Administration
- Provide clear communication and accurate instruction to Payroll Administration teams to ensure efficient, accurate and timely processing of payroll related changes.
- Answer payroll inquiries from employees and management and provide accurate information regarding payroll schedules, changes, salary information and scheduled deductions.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure accurate Payroll/Invoice/Purchase Order schedule for all contingency employee contracts.
- Work closely with departmental managers (offering guidance, coaching and support on a range of HR activities (including policies and procedures interpretation and best practice, define terms and conditions of employment, manage sick/leave requests, performance management process, talent development/succession planning activities, time and attendance tracking, etc.) while ensuring HR/Employee policies and procedures meet the Elanco standards as well as Employment legislation.
- Process and maintain purchase orders and charge allocations for HR related invoicing (recruitment, selection, relocation, employee events, training, etc.) and efficiently update our SAP system.
- Run monthly reports: employee master data lists, turnover, contingency, benefits, OT, vacation, etc.
- Update Organizational charts as needed in partnership with General Manager
- Assist with the funding and/or grant application process for new funded associates to the organization; inclusive of the ongoing financial reporting for any such grants or programs.
- Maintain up to date spreadsheet of contingency contracts.
- Access to sensitive data e.g. employee personal information, salary information, financial results, pension, benefits, etc.
- Responsibility for accounts payable/receivable with regards to departmental spending and payroll submissions
- Organize and coordinate all HR employee files (hard copy and HCM system). Conduct routine audits on personnel files to ensure file compliance.
- Gather, prepare, and action submissions to HRIS management system for employee related changes. i.e. new hires, terminations, promotions, reporting structure, cost element, etc.
- Organize and provide support and/or deliver training and information sessions for employees.
- Work with Strategic Business Partner on special projects and ad hoc assignments as they arise.
- Other duties related to HR as requested and needed.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Professional certification considered and asset
- 2-4 years’ experience in business, accounting and human resources.
- Experience influencing, coaching & negotiating
- Working knowledge of HR process/procedures and systems
- Proficiency in PC Skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email/Calendar)
- Experience with Workday
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as well as strong motivator and team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently; excellent interpersonal skills to ensure appropriate communications both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated; organized
- Professional, courteous and ability to act in strict confidentiality
- Bilingual (French and English) preferred
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement