About this role
We’re hiring a Business Analyst for our client, a sports-governing agency, to join their team. This is a 1-year contract opportunity. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager and Team Lead, the Business Analyst defines requirements, works with developers during the development phase and performs User Acceptance Testing. The Business Analyst is also expected to engage with the remaining of the IT Team during the regular SCRUM meetings to elicit requirements and ensure product quality
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
- Prioritize backlog as per business objectives;
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, breakdown high level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding;
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs;
- Perform User Acceptance Testing;
- Work independently with users to define concepts and understand the direction of project managers;
- Assist Managers as required.
- Business and Functional Analyst with a total of 5 years of experience;
- Experience in Project Management (5 years);
- Experience as Quality Assurance (5 years);
- Agile methodology;
- JIRA as the SDLC software;
- Environment with high level of Confidentiality & Privacy;
- Experience with Internet security and Data Privacy;
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables;
- Able to meet deadlines and operate with limited supervision;
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- Bilingual French and English with excellent oral and written skills; Other languages (particularly Spanish) are an asset;
- No traveling required;
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed; Periodic evening and/or weekend work expected;
- Able to perform in an international and multicultural team environment;
- Fit with organizational culture: Teamwork, team spirit and love of sport;
- Aligned with core values: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement