About this role
We’re hiring a Clinical Trial Budget Specialist for our client, a global pharmaceutical company, to join their team. This is a renewable 1-year contract position. Lead the review, negotiation, and approval of clinical study budgets for all sites participating in global sponsored Clinical trials. Improve efficiency in study start up through the development of budget strategies that expedite the approval process. Prepare budget reports, present recommendations to management, and monitor for trends. As subject matter expert, guide stakeholders on budget development processes and procedures.
- Lead the development of trial and site-specific budget proposals based on global budget models.
- Mange the review, negotiation, and approval of site-specific budgets in compliance with Fair Market Value, internal legal and accounting principles and ethical standards.
- Work closely with the Clinical Study Manager in order to understand the clinical trial protocol and verify the budget accounts for all procedural and labor costs.
- Improve efficiency and collaboration through the design and development of budget templates and procedures.
- Reviews all budget amendments, strategic plans and performance measures
- Assume responsibility for all applicable metrics tracking, including researching, analyzing and monitoring for trends
- Maintain a database of site-specific negotiated budgets
- Act as subject matter expert on budget process and procedure guiding staff as needed.
- Work proactively to improve processes and establish refinements that reduce cycle time create savings and improve efficiency in the initiation of clinical trial sites
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in appropriate scientific or business disciplines (finance, business administration, healthcare)
- 3+ years of experience and/or equivalent competencies in legal/ hospital or pharmaceutical industry/clinical research budget negotiation is required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts)
- Knowledge of budget and accounting best practices and regulations
- Ability to understand medical procedural terminology and its application in building Canadian specific budgets based on global templates.
- Bilingualism – Oral and Written (English and French)
- Strong computer skills and database management is required
- Experienced professional negotiator with a passion for working with budgets
- Experienced in evaluating and negotiating clinical study budgets with investigational sites.
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis
- Detail oriented, analytical, and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Familiarity with interpreting clinical study visit schedules and protocol/subject related procedures.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Able to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement