About this role
- Active solicitation of client Cardlock and client Fleet in a defined sales territory
- Persistently and successfully follow up on all leads to convert to profitable sales as this role is focused on new account generation and requires a direct selling, hunter mentality.
- Develop and execute specific tactical plans that ensure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales goals including volume and profit key performance indicators. This includes preparation and execution sales proposals, communications, presentations and other customer correspondence, networking with key decision makers and industry contacts within a designated territory at industry events, 25-30 customer calls/week with a focus account acquisition and growth, while building long term relationships. Implementation of strategies aimed at increasing market share and margins for our client.
- Business travel within a territory is a requirement of this role. Approximately 50-75% of time will be spent traveling within a defined territory.
- Analyze Sales Reporting generated by Business Resources Group to identify sales opportunities and track industry changes that may create opportunities and or pose threats. Create and execute action plans on identified sales opportunities.
- Strategically manage and maintain a portfolio of existing key medium to large accounts achieving a balanced effort on new customer acquisition and incremental sales from existing customers.
- Crucial focus on customer relationship management including pricing, problem resolution, cross commodity selling and proactive identification of issues and buying behaviors.
- Needs to be confident when making calls on head office and field level opportunities while maintaining positive relationships with customers, dealers and operations personnel which is essential to facilitate sales through Cardlock facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
- A minimum 5 years of relevant professional sales experience in a commercial or industrial capacity
- Strong communication, presentations and written skills
- Extensive selling, cold calling, and closing techniques with a well-defined sales process
- Successful track record in outside sales consistently meeting all sales and profit targets
- A background and knowledge in commercial fuel sales, trucking, or industrial supply industries
- Working knowledge of the cardlock fuels industry with a network of contacts
- Knowledge and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software in a sales environment including Salesforce
- Ability to work independently with strong self-management and problem solving skills
- Experience with financial analysis including margins and revenue along with budgeting and forecasting
- Must have a valid driver’ license
- Extensive travel is a requirement for the position
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB231420
- Location: Edmonton
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: OilAndGas
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: November 2, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Commercial Sales Representative - Alberta
Confirmation sent to