About this role
We’re hiring a Communication Advisor for a 1-year contract, to work in a multinational pharmaceutical company in North York. Reporting to the Site Head, Communications, the Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and managing internal communications activities that support business objectives, engage employees in relevant content that links to strategic priorities.
Additionally, the Communication Advisor will work seamlessly in a large matrix environment showcasing the Toronto site among the internal company network and business.
As a strategic business partner at a site with more than 1,700+ employees, it is imperative that the Communication Advisor be adept with change communication skills, contribute to the Site’s transformation story but also be able to action activities quickly in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will be an active, key contributor in the development and execution of external communications activities that advance the reputation of the company among relevant key stakeholders.
- Develop internal communications for a variety of channels, including e-newsletter articles, intranet updates, leadership messages, presentations, and announcements.
- Working collaboratively with team members to develop employee-facing communication strategies that support key site initiatives and programs.
- In collaboration with Site Head, Communications guide and execute on the tactical activities of a fulsome external communication strategy that advances the company reputation but celebrates its longstanding legacy and historical significance.
- Provide strategic communication counsel to departments across the site and support the business with expert service.
- Support the project management, materials development and execution of large internal communications events such as town halls and global webcasts.
- Measure the impact of communication efforts post-implementation and adjust as necessary.
- Adhere to brand standards and ensure consistent brand voice across the greater organization.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the business.
Distribution of Work
- 60% - working with internal client groups to produce end-to-end communication strategies inclusive of creating and executing tactics to support program objectives.
- 30% - supporting the Site Head, Communications, contribute to – and executive on – external communication strategies to position Site Leadership and critical projects.
- 5% - editing, reviewing for team members across a variety of outlets
- 5% - other duties as assigned to support the company network and/or Canada-wide communications
- Post-graduate degree in public relations or communications.
- 5 to 7years of communications experience, with experience in both internal and external communications.
- Track record of planning and executing strategic communication plans that drive measurable business results.
- Superior writing and editing skills across a variety of channels for varied audiences.
- Adept at working collaboratively across departments on identified priorities.
- Experience working with external partners and service providers (e.g. vendors, agency etc.)
- Proven ability to support and counsel senior leaders; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to educate and influence others on communications best practices.
- Strong ability in analysis and problem solving.
- Detail oriented, able to manage multiple deadlines and manage projects efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Interest in/familiarity with design and layout best practices is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
- Experience in health care industry preferred.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement