About this role
We’re hiring a Construction Coordinator – E&I for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a 1 year contract with long-term potential.
- Oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components
- Ensure that the works are performed technically correctly in the responsible discipline
- Maintain compliance with the RC plan
- Review that all required the client’s provided Materials are available to Construction Contractors
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or retesting
- Ensure work is performed per plans, procedures and specifications via coordination with the Quality Assurance plan
- Participate in the QA/QC inspections for its discipline
- Manage interface between Construction Contractors in its Project Area
- Participate in weekly meeting with Construction Contractors in its Project Area
- Monitor progress to ensure Construction milestones are understood
- Coordinate between the construction contractor and the project engineer to resolve field discrepancies in design packages and material delays
- Review contractor work performance and project status updates
- Manage interface between project turnover activities with the Commissioning Engineer and Quality Assurance/Quality
- Control and Construction Contractors Groups in its discipline
- Manage the punch list completion in its discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Technologists Diploma
- 15+ years’ of experience construction experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of discipline of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a non-confrontational manner and work
- Minimum of 8 years of construction experience in civil / structural engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement