About this role
- Analyze financial statements and gather relevant information from trade credit reports from third party agencies to determine credit limit and payment terms;
- Recommend and obtain securities and assurances necessary to mitigate risk;
- Manage assigned credit portfolios in a manner that will ensure unacceptable account conditions are identified, reported, and handled. This involves making collection calls;
- Develop, recommend and utilize assessment techniques that are effective in managing risks and in facilitating transactions;
- Credit adjudication and receivable management within the Downstream portfolio;
- Recommend and negotiate credit terms of sale, as well as securities and assurances that are needed from customers;
- Responsible for managing and maintaining strong relationships with the business units they support.
- 2-5 years’ of progressive experience in credit risk evaluation or commercial lending;
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree or related, preferably with additional education in credit;
- Familiarity with commercial security instruments;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Excellent decision making ability with partial information and attention to detail;
- A minimum of intermediate proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Understanding of the oil and gas marketplace;
- Experience in making collection calls;
- Ability to manage a very dynamic portfolio within tight timelines;
- Prior experience creating macros within Excel.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB232725
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Services
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Finance
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of expertise: RiskManagement
- Closing date: November 9, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Credit Analyst - Alberta
Confirmation sent to