About this role
Our client is seeking a Detail Designer for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This is a 1 year contract opportunity with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position.
The Detail Designer is responsible for 3D modeling and producing complete Manufacturing Information (MI) to support production. This role will be responsible for actively engaging in Model and MI Reviews and will also be responsible for 3D modeling, production design, MI generation and implementation of lessons learned. It will be common for the Detail Designer to be working and supporting functional engineering, detail design, planning, production and with suppliers.
- 3D Modeling
- Prepare Manufacturing Information for all Stages of Construction
- Liaise with functional engineering to resolve all outstanding design issues
- Provide technical support and resolution for structural, outfitting and piping issues from design to fabrication
- Maintain stock catalogue with constant communication with procurement and material management.
- Develop and communicate the plan and budget for delivering the work on time, and manage the cost and resources
- Support production outputs to ensure the resulting work packages for manufacturing are in alignment with client standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Trades Certificate combined with sufficient employment experience may be considered.
- Associate Design degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2-5 years in-depth experience in Detailed Design in Manufacturing/Heavy Industries
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software and document control systems
- Preference for knowledge with ShipConstructor, NavisWorks and Aras
- Familiarity with National Shipbuilding Strategy program an asset
- Demonstrated effective communication across a variety of disciplines.
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports
- Ability to work in ShipConstructor and AutoCAD software
- Demonstrated knowledge with Rhino, NavisWorks and SharePoint
- Organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment, multi-task and establish priorities
- Advanced PC and Network proficiency required – ability to troubleshoot network licenses, version control across all MSOffice
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary