About this role
- Manage IT Telecommunications teams and oversee business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels as well as on the successful technical implementation or use of information systems.
- Develop a risk management plan and ensure compliance with the mitigating controls.
- Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Ensure development of systems architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Ensure that systems architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Set strategy for overall control and management of services, to maximize the likelihood that all availability targets are met and business continuity is ensured.
- Review the planning of communications networks, develops a robust operations and maintenance strategy taking into account the need for quality, security, availability, reliability, integrity and safety, and utilizing (as appropriate) specialized techniques, tools, methods or standards.
- Ensure that the service level requirements of each customer area are determined and that service level agreements, contracts and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of the employing organization, by providing a value-for-money service.
- Determine, monitor and review all telecommunications programs to include program time and costs, projected operational costs, staffing requirements, program resources, and program risk.
- Define and agree on tender evaluation criteria, and budgets for the procurement of products and services.
- Minimum of 10 years' Telecommunications experience, ideally within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Mega/major project experience.
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards and has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and a deep understanding of own speciality(ies).
- Experienced in project and program management and IT Risk and Security.
- Proven track records of managing a portfolio of IT (Telecom) projects including complex, multiple vendor projects and services within international settings.
- Fluent in English with demonstrated verbal and written skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Strong ability to delegate effectively to more technical staff, whilst maintaining full management control. Demonstrated current and thorough understanding of developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB260999
- Location: Calgary
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: May 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Head of Telecommunications - Alberta
Confirmation sent to