About this role
- Maintain a current IBM Power platform.
- Plan and participate in hardware and operating system migration projects.
- Monitor and manage a tape backup system and associated tape inventory.
- Provide support for our hosted customers – e.g. creating new software environments, upgrading hosted in-house software.
- Manage and maintain third-party tools – e.g. IBM i security software.
- Mentor junior and intermediate system administrators on IBM i solutions.
- Provide efficient support, both internally and externally.
- Deep understanding of the IBM i operating system.
- Experience with IBM i replication technologies.
- Experience with IBM BRMS – Backup, Recovery and Media Services.
- Hands-on experience performing OS upgrades, patching, etc.
- Experience with IBM i security solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Minimum 7 years of IBM i experience with at least 3 of those years as a lead system administrator.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Linux – Ubuntu or Red Hat
- IBM SVC/Storwize Storage Platform
- IBM PowerHA
- IBM Power Platform VIOS & HMC
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB232287
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Services
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: ITAndTelecom
- Education level: Other
- Area of expertise: SoftwareDevelopmentAndApplicationManagement
- Closing date: October 3, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching IBM i Administrator - Alberta
Confirmation sent to