About this role
We’re hiring an IT Developer Security Operations for our client, a sports-governing agency, to join their team. This is a permanent position.
The IT Developer Security Operations will support the company’s infrastructure and cloud-based services. The successful candidate enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative team environment. The candidate is responsible to ensure security levels are met for all operational and development services and to implement and enforce the company’s security policies.
- Responsible for daily security operations tasks for internally managed systems;
- Collaborate with other members of the IT/ADAMS team and follows the direction established by IT Senior Management;
- Support business functions in the definition and implementation of security controls, processes, and tools to comply with IT security policies and manage information security risks;
- Monitor daily system events, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment or associated components which may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats or vulnerabilities;
- Establish a strong automation SecOps culture;
- Implement and manage automated security pen testing solutions.
- Implement and manage effective SIEM dashboard based on elk stack.
- Develop documentation associated with maintenance releases and keep them updated;
- Participate in developing standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Manage the daily internal development team requests for changes to their security infrastructure and liaise where deemed necessary with Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance;
- Prepare changes for security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity access management etc.;
- Participate in new integration projects and services and prepare implementations;
- Review and interpret security alerts and provide diagnostics in the management of incidents to support end-users;
- Coordinates the handling and resolution of the IT security incidents or security breaches and reports to Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance;
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and develop mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is applied, and ensure that end-users are informed;
- Evaluate new security technology and emerging threats and provide recommendations to strengthen infrastructure.
- Configure, install, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations based on security best practices;
- Providing information security training to staff, as requested or required;
- Observe security management best practices;
- Maintain up to date IT security policies and related procedures, guidelines, and other supporting documentation.
- Conduct or participate in IT security policy audits as directed;
- University or College degree in Computer Science; 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field;
- Knowledge of AWS & Azure is a must;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design;
- Experience in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting of firewalls from multiple vendors;
- Experience in daily management and troubleshooting of intrusion detection and prevention systems (IPS);
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions including authentication capabilities, authorization, and encryption as well as securing device access;
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Windows servers, Linux;
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls and Networking;
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, Ruby, Python);
- Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks;
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics;
- Knowledge of security information events management (SIEM).
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must always be maintained
- Excellent oral and written skills in one of the two official languages (English/French) and very good command of the other official language; Additional languages would be an asset
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume, to coordinating interviews, to extending offers, and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement