About this role
We’re hiring an IT DevOps Analyst for our client, a sports-governing agency, to join their team. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. The primary responsibilities of the candidate will lie with supporting the client’s corporate infrastructure and cloud-based services. The successful candidate enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative team environment. The candidate will be responsible to ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers, Microsoft servers and tools.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, such as apache, Zabbix ,nginx, mysql, jboss, tomcat, node;
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux/Microsoft server hardware and software;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Participate in an Agile environment as an active member of the team by reducing the gap between the world of development and operations engineering;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the infrastructure platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 150+ servers environment
- Knowledge of DevOps / automation tools (chef, AWS systems manager)
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Scripting knowledge (Power Shell, Ruby, Python …)
- Knowledge with orchestration of server clusters (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nomad).
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Windows servers.
- Strong knowledge of Networking and Telecom switching and routing.
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
- Excellent oral and written skills in one of the two official languages (English/French) and very good command of the other official language; Additional languages are an asset;
- Periodic evening and/or weekend work expected;
- Fit with organizational culture: Teamwork, team spirit and love of sport.
- Aligned with core values: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement