About this role
- Major challenge of the role is (1) Planning and execution of IT deliverables according to multiple critical projects timelines defined by Major Projects Group, (2) Supporting multiple locations in different time zones, (3) Diversity and complexity of the required technology as well as the applicable skillset.
- Lead and oversee approx. 26 IT project staff.
- Draft and maintains procedures and documentation for “Facilities IT – Major Projects” to ensure that specifications are provided within the agreed service levels and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Plan and drive scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for complex initiatives, engaging stakeholders as required. Obtain input from, and formal agreement to requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Responsible for all stages of the life cycle for Telecoms software/hardware communication systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration.
- Contribute, plan and implement installation and maintenance work regarding building and configuring Telecom components and ensure implementation of agreed Telecom changes and maintenance routines.
- Provide and manage the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Major Projects Telecommunications’ engineering requests covering multiple systems and sites.
- Responsible for day-to-day management, resource planning and work allocation of the Facilities IT support and ensure that all deliverables are reviewed promptly and effectively, according to standards and procedures.
- Lead the definition, documentation and safe execution of small to medium-scale projects, engaging with Major Project’s stakeholders and actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assess and manage risks and issues which could affect the success of the project.
- Conduct security control reviews across a full range of control types and techniques, for Major Projects’ design deliverables for onshore and offshore installations. Recommend appropriate action to management.
- Ensure architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk, and advance assurance standards through rigorous security testing.
- Investigates and manages the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation) for the design of systems and services
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
- 8 years’ of IT experience within Oil & Gas industry with specific experience within IT/Telecommunications project engineering practices and methodologies through a lifecycle of Major Projects.
- Experienced with relevant IT national and international standards and has an in depth understanding of all aspects of IT.
- Experience managing a portfolio of IT (Telecom) projects including complex, multiple vendor projects and services within international settings.
- High standard of written and Spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Demonstrated skills required to handle innovation, change and business process improvement resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experienced in information and communications technology.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB261231
- Location: Canada
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: May 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching IT Facilities Lead - Canada
Confirmation sent to