About this role
- To direct and monitor a project team. This consists of Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls engineers, as well as various project support functions (Document Control, Sourcing, Finance, etc.)
- Together with the Project Manager and the Sourcing Project Leader, form a project leadership team and act together to support the job and deliver for our customers. This team works to manage the project in its entirety and generates and maintains critical project reporting.
- Develops, or oversees development, of Process & Instrument Diagrams, equipment drawings, datasheets, plant and piping arrangements, instrumentation and controls architecture, and design specifications.
- Support the technical side of vendor selection and fabrication, ensuring our suppliers are on track and performing.
- Be a customer liaison, working and resolving technical queries, setting and managing expectations, and maintaining a relationship.
- Have a strong engineering background and is skilled at building teams, communicating a vision, and delegating work. Be thoughtful, cooperative, and creative. Able to handle multiple shifting demands with professionalism and good judgement.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering field – Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- Professional Engineer’s License, or the ability to obtain one within 1 year, preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years’ project experience in chemical/mechanical engineering or a related field
- Experience with industrial processes and system engineering – direct experience in water treatment, oil & gas, chemical or power preferred but not required
- Experience with EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contracts preferred
- Impeccable planning, organization and time management
- Clear, concise communication and presentation skills
- Team player, with the ability to exercise good judgement under changing conditions
- French, Spanish or Chinese language skills may be useful
- The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally 20-40% of the time
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB241389
- Location: Oakville
- Market: Infrastructure
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Water & Waste Management
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: January 5, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Lead Engineer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to