About this role
- Execute outbound and inbound transportation in a multi-modal environment;
- Optimization to include consolidation, aggregation, best carrier and mode in a proprietary TMS system;
- Enhance carrier utilization while maintaining customer requirements for service and on-time deliveries;
- Develop and coordinate the tactical transportation plans for multiple customers;
- Proactively use negotiation tactics in support of the transportation strategy;
- Provide timely communications and customer service functions in a multi-customer environment;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications and inquiry responses.
- 1 -5 years’ experience in logistics coordination;
- Knowledge of IML, LTL and TL operations and able to create multi stop shipments;
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools (ability to leverage excel and other MS programs);
- Geographical expertise (geographical understanding of the continental US and Canada);
- Understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time, including DOT & speed governance, including Transit time difference based on mode);
- Industry expertise in Transportation, including key terminology; and general knowledge of primary customer industries;
- Experience with refrigerated freight highly preferred;
- Experience with Mercury Software an asset.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB232608
- Location: Burlington
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Logistics
- Education level: Other
- Area of expertise: CostControlAndProcurement
- Closing date: September 23, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Logistics Coordinator - Ontario
Confirmation sent to