About this role
- Develop the Environmental aspects of the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Execute and coordinate the Safety and Environmental Program in accordance with the Safety and Environmental Management System, Safety and Environmental Management Plan, Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and ISI/DND Policy.
- Coordinate Environmental Certification in accordance with the Certification Plan.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to Environmental Engineering and Certification.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Develop the Environmental Case in accordance with the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Develop subcontractor environmental requirements.
- Provide Environmental Engineering input to applicable Working Groups, including the Safety and Environmental, and Certification Working Groups.
- Plan and conduct Environmental Hazard/Impact assessments.
- Undertake Product/System Safety activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Promote a positive Product Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline with five plus years of ship design experience.
- Qualifications/training related to Environmental Engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the following fields:
- Environmental Engineering in large and complex maritime (preferably Defence) acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in:
- Application of Classification Society rules, e.g. Lloyd’s Register
- Application of International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Conventions, e.g. MARPOL
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB240865
- Location: Halifax
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Shipbuilding
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: January 2, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Marine Environmental Engineer - Nova Scotia
Confirmation sent to