About this role
- Manage the marine traffic activities in Port of Kitimat.
- Manage interfaces with marine contractors, and other port users.
- Take measures to maintain order and safety of persons and property within the Port of Kitimat.
- Inform and advise safety of navigation by Project vessels.
- Inform and advise safety of on-the-water Project activities.
- Inform other port users of Project – related safety concerns, incidents or marine transportation.
- Coordinate where possible ship, vessel and marine construction works and movements with other port users to reduce navigational conflicts.
- Assist and support Project marine emergency response.
- Assist in the marine administration for technical documents and report writing.
- Assist in developing marine operational procedures ensuring that all marine related activities are covered by fit for purpose processes.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Terminal Operation Manual, Port Information Book and associated documents.
- Support the planning and coordination logistics for marine related activities.
- Assist with monitoring marine contracts and project compliance with Canadian and International Regulations.
- Assist with Health, Safety, Security, Environmental (HSSE) compliance for marine activities at the terminal.
- Coordinate with external contractors, arrange meetings and logistic arrangements.
- General assistance with Marine operations team on a day to day basis.
- Prefer Class 1 or 2 (Deck) Certificate of Competency and/or relevant/equivalent degree in Nautical Science, together with Officer experience on ocean going vessels or Marine Engineering certification
- Knowledge and experience of marine activities, including port and terminal operations, such as a Marine Technical Advisor or a Terminal Berthing Master, is desirable
- A professional with high technical and management capabilities in Gas and/or Oil marine operations with leadership, inter-personal and organizational skills
- Team player with the necessary communication (oral and written) skills to interface with other disciplines and external parties in a remote team
- Ability to resolve and provide clear, fit for purpose solutions to project in line with Group and Industry guidelines and practices
- Creativity in approach to business development
- Combined technical/commercial acumen
- Excellent inter-personal skills to network effectively across internal and external business interfaces and with staff of different disciplines and seniority levels
- Demonstrate global behaviors promoting an environment of trust, shared ownership and world class delivery.
What we offerWhy work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About usBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB236786
- Location: Kitimat
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 50
- Branche: OilAndGas
- Education level: Other
- Area of expertise: ConstructionCommissioningAndOperations
- Closing date: December 6, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Marine Traffic Coordinator - British Columbia
Confirmation sent to