About this role
- Prepare high-quality documentation that meets the applicable standards and is appropriate for the intended audience, primarily mechanical maintenance procedures.
- Read schematics, flow sheets, drawings, bills of materials, and technical specifications of complex equipment and write clear, concise, and accurate step-by-step maintenance instructions.
- Interface and communicate directly with engineering and technical staff within BWXT NEC and external customers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the maintenance requirements.
- Communicate and interface directly with Technical Illustrators to ensure the maintenance instructions are illustrated in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate with the Technical Publications Team to continuously develop, innovate, streamline and improve in-house procedures and the format of technical documentation.
- Responsible for cost and schedule for assigned projects.
- Manage the progress of each assigned project to ensure cost and schedule targets are met.
- Formulate and suggest to the Team Leader an action plan to address issues of changing cost or schedule on assigned projects.
- 5+ years technical writing experience documenting complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent English language skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines while managing various writing assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in reading mechanical and electrical schematics, flow sheets, drawings, bills of materials, and technical specifications of complex equipment.
- Detail-oriented in writing and formatting documentation.
- Proficient in the use of Interleaf and/or FrameMaker Desktop Publishing Software.
- Understanding of DITA, publishing to XML, and HTML is an asset
- Experience in the Nuclear Industry is an asset
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About usBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB268891
- Location: Kanata
- Market: LifeSciencesAndHealthCare
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Medical devices
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: July 11, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Technical Writer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to