About this role
As the Project Engineer in this role, you’ll be the subject matter expert for heavy haul and heavy lifting. Onsite, you will be the person who advises owners and general contractors on how to safely and properly lift and place heavy equipment. You’ll be the technical expert, mainly for downstream facilities, with some midstream project work as well.
You’ll apply your engineering knowledge to plan and oversee petrochemical turnaround project logistics. Your responsibilities will include rigging procedures, lifting plans, vessel design modifications, ASME code welding and other mechanical/civil engineer functions for project execution. You’ll coordinate engineering logistics, the development of procedural documentation and implementation plans, in close consultation with all relevant parties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Examining the project’s theoretical, mechanical and logistical implementations and providing analysis to safely and efficiently complete project tasks.
- Devising the overall execution plan for the proposed project considering all relevant abstract data such as; blue print drawings, estimated cost, feasibility, turnaround logistics, structural longevity, performance assessments, and available resources.
- Preparing and/or reviewing change requests; discussing feasibility with Operations, Quality Control and Safety Departments; overseeing preparation and implementation of all engineering change notices and document change control.
- Providing Estimating, Sales and Marketing Departments with project expectations including financial and man-power requirement for assigned task. Assisting with preparation of sales presentations, service/repair methods, and marketing literature, and onsite presentations to customers regarding engineering logistics.
- Researching new techniques, tools, methods, or components to enhance or improve existing services.
You’ll be coordinating multiple turnaround projects simultaneously, maintaining surveys of the progress of the work, and supervising project execution to ensure work is completed correctly, efficiently and safely.
Do you have what we are looking for?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Mechanical or Civil Engineering is required and a Master’s
Degree in a technical discipline is beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Petrochemical industry is preferred with
specific applicable mechanical knowledge of the downstream sector. Additionally,
experience with activities associated with “turnaround” applications and logistics in the
industry is beneficial.
- A professional engineer (P.E.) license is beneficial, but not required.
- Basic welding principles, such as Processes Selection and Design
- Drafting and Modeling Experience with Autodesk Platforms
- Knowledge and previous application of domestic Industry Codes related to static
equipment such as API/ASME/AISC/AWS are essential.
In this role you will be visiting project and customer locations. There will be travel by plane/car and occasional overnight trips required. Onsite, you will be outdoors in all weathers and conditions – you’ll need to wear protective safety clothing on occasion – this might include construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, goggles etc.
This is not a role for just anyone. If you think it's for you, get in touch – we’ll tell you all about the package that comes with it.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Publication: PUB268892
- Location: La Porte
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: July 12, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Project Engineer - Texas
Confirmation sent to