About this role
- Monitor complex monthly Process Excellence performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met
- Facilitate meetings with management to review and examine project progress
- Accountable for increasing the awareness levels of the staff in the various processes. This includes focus on creating a work environment that engages employees at all site levels to help drive out unnecessary (nonvalue adding) work, improve and simplify processes, and continually reduce operational costs
- Ensure delivery of business process improvement initiatives through the implementation of predetermined/agreed synergies
- Provide strong management guidance and direction across all departments and process improvement opportunities using LEAN/Six Sigma and Change Management methodologies.
- Ensure the timely implementation by directing, guiding others, and applying various operational excellence tools to resolve problems including providing training where required
- Build effective relationships, influence and motivate operations units to ensure their wholehearted commitment to the achievement of operational excellence
- Responsible for efficient execution and effective implementation of all process re-engineering, change and quality projects across operations.
- Create a culture of “first time right” in the overall process.
- Compiles and prepares reports, presentations and other documents as instructed by the head of department.
- Perform diagnostics on identified areas of business to establish the area of improvement and define problems and propose solutions.
- Kaizen collection from Departments and Reward & Recognition for best Kaizen
- Report project status and financial results, ensuring 2-way open communication throughout the functions/ organization for the Operational Excellence.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities consistent with the employee Role and assigned by the management.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Pharma/ Chemical/Automotive in a customer intelligence role
- Experience with Operational Excellence methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing including leading Kaizen and 5S events
- Demonstrated ability to implement new techniques and continuous improvement programs at all levels of the organization
- Planning and organizational skills – prioritization, resource allocation, multi-tasking.
- An expert in the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools & methodology, ensure that the tools are used appropriately by team members, identify and assist in the removal of barriers to projects.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Knowledge on various statistical tools
- Varied knowledge of business workflows, operations processes & systems.
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities and convey the need for change.
- Experience dealing with Senior Executive and stakeholder management
- Communication and Influence - able to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders in Research and Development, Operations, and Quality
- Leadership – the ability to direct the large number of staff in their team to ensure all play their part in attaining the overall goals
- Strong analytical skills combined with a high degree of commercial awareness and the ability to contribute to the strategic development of the business as a whole
- Experience with driving cultural change throughout an organization
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – the ability to quickly understand a situation and take decisive action that is bought into by stakeholders
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving desirable
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB236332
- Location: Toronto
- Market: LifeSciencesAndHealthCare
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Pharmaceutical
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: December 2, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Operational Excellence Manager - Ontario
Confirmation sent to