About this role
We are looking for an Operational Excellence Six-Sigma Black Belt for our client a leading pharmaceutical company. This position will be responsible for deploying business performance standards and ensuring the Manufacturing System is actively adopted in all manufacturing facilities. This role will mentor others throughout the organization in Lean continuous improvement philosophy and certify Lean Green Belts to accelerate the cultural shift that will streamline processes at all levels of the business.
• Drive the maturity and development of leaders, Lean practitioners and the workforce relative to the manufacturing system (SMS). • Drive a culture of performance by establishing the right KPIs and reinforcing accountability
• Using a strong knowledge of Lean and Six-sigma principles to drive a robust safety, quality and delivery culture throughout the organization• Instill a continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization with a standardized approach towards using SMS standards
• Work with business leaders to identify process gaps that will be captured in continuous improvement plans and facilitated by the continuous improvement teams for impactful results• Facilitate Kaizen, Workshops events for processes that have a cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement
• Develop, maintain and deploy SMS tools, methodologies, standards and processes utilizing customer demand operating principles across the enterprise through focused training programs• Develop and implement training strategy that will optimize lean processes, practices, policies, standards and metrics that meet or exceed company business objectives
• Develop new programs that support the SMS operating system based on site priorities and the global best in class ambition• Mentor Platform and Support Function Leaders on Continuous Improvement Principles
• Support and develop the team talent, capabilities and results • Mentor and coach teams in a manner that ensures compliance with standard work as well as motivates improvement strategies
• Builds skills and train the organization for change in culture• Drive cross functional collaboration and skills in direct support of SMS principles
• Culturally driving discipline to business process, LEAD competencies and Standard Operating Practices to instill the right industrial mindset• Conflict resolution in group dynamics
• Project constraints (time, cost, scope, & quality), conflicting priorities and risk are the key areas that are managed in order to achieve project success• The position will have a site wide responsibility of process improvements across multiple manufacturing facilities and the numerous internal customer interfaces.
• The position will need to be able to mentor and influence upper management at the Global and Site level.• The position will lead transformational improvement initiatives that involve cross functional teams and will be responsible for managing team dynamics and project progress.
• The incumbent will need to lead, facilitate and participate on teams and projects with site, regional and global scope. Challenges faced will be obtaining buy-in and consensus among the various stakeholders at all levels in the organization. Building bridges and reducing barriers between functions and teams will be a challenge to overcome.• Key issues to address are enhancing the business value of tools and systems used by the business and challenging the entire organization to move towards value added, integrated and enterprise wide solutions. Confronting current paradigms for both business processes and the tools and systems used will be a challenge to overcome.
• Shaping and driving a holistic approach to resolving business issues and needs will be required to bring new processes and concepts into the organization that provide added value to customers (internal and external). The challenges faced will include encouraging adoption of new technology and processes
• 10-15 years of senior level manufacturing experience with a good understanding of overall business operations knowledge, change leadership and GMP environments• Operational Excellence Certification – Six Sigma Black Belt and Design for Six Sigma
• 5-10 years’ experience executing transformational change to business processes• Experienced in staff management and coaching
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and competent presentation skills a must.• Impact / Influence
• Use of Technical/Professional Expertise• Balanced Judgment / Risk Analysis
• LEAN AND Six-Sigma concepts & principles• Effective Communication
• Effective Interpersonal skills • Ability to function within a diverse team and leverage and learn from the variety of backgrounds and experiences
• Exhibit strong scientific and analytical understanding of the processes and quality systems• Competence in systematically solving problems using appropriate process improvement methodologies to analyze complex data/information from different cross-functional teams, both locally and globally.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement