About this role
We’re hiring an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our client’s expanding team. You will deliver high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals, infrastructure and process industries.
- Provide leadership within design teams in the development of Study / Project designs.
- Coordination of all engineering disciplines in the development of Study / Project designs.
- Management of and responsibility for design and drafting resources assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and hour budgets.
- Reporting design / drafting progress to Study / Project Managers and the Group Manager - Engineering on a weekly basis.
- Mechanical / Piping design and provision of information to draftsmen for the preparation of design drawings.
- Review, evaluation and selection recommendations for mechanical equipment from vendor suppliers.
- Review and make-up of vendor certified documentation (drawings, data sheets, manuals, lube lists, etc.) and responsibility for the implementation of engineering interface data onto the drawings via the draftsmen.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering and P.ENG.
- 15+ years’ post graduating in Mechanical Engineering, in a senior position.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform allocated tasks, unsupervised, within agreed milestone dates and to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to manage small design / drafting teams and achieve budget hours and milestone deliverable dates.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical ability within the field of expertise.
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft suite of software packages, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Projects.
- Demonstrated skills with the use of specific proprietary software packages relevant to the Engineering discipline.
- Good communication skills and possess good report writing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to engineering problems.
- Committed to continued professional development.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto