About this role
- Establishing and enforcing GAP, GMP, HACCP and Quality Control Standards, providing technical and regulatory inputs to cultivation, packaging and labelling.
- Conducting daily inspection of production areas and storage areas.
- Reviewing certificates of analysis and results of laboratory tests for compliance to specification.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations through auditing of the quality and production systems.
- Writing, reviewing and revising SOP and forms on a regular basis.
- Inspecting incoming and outgoing materials to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Investigating product non-conformances; conducting material reviews for complaints, and document findings and responses.
- Conducting inventory of plants and initiate deviation procedure for any discrepancies.
- Managing product holds, release and disposition processes for noncompliant materials.
- Providing inputs to improve the quality management system.
- Responsible for production quality control and spot deviation when production veers from specifications.
- Participating in establishing standard cultivation practices, product development and validation studies such as shelf life studies.
- Working with the production team on developing product specifications for raw and finished products.
- Responsible for collecting environmental swabs, water samples and any other sample that might require testing.
- Providing feedback and/or suggestions for continuous improvement(s).
- Maintaining a safe working environment by reporting any issues, hazards, or concerns to management.
- Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Botany, Biochemistry or other related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality control and assurance in manufacturing environment such as food processing, cannabis production, pharmaceuticals or natural health products;
- Experience in conducting inspections and audits;
- Strong knowledge in document control process and change management;
- Good knowledge of GLP, GAP, HACCP and GMP;
- Ability to review laboratory documents including validation methods and reports;
- Must be able to work well in a small team;
- Must be detail orientated, tenacious, and assertive;
- Solid comprehension of the English language, both written and oral. Applicant must be able to read, understand, and adhere to SOPs written in English;
- Desire to become a strong team member;
- Able to work in a hot and humid environment up to 25 degrees Celsius.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB231780
- Location: Calgary
- Market: LifeSciencesAndHealthCare
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Pharmaceutical
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of expertise: Regulatory
- Closing date: November 3, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Quality Control Coordinator - Alberta
Confirmation sent to