About this role
We’re hiring a Quantity Surveyor for our client to join their team. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with potential for extension.
- Review engineering drawings and prepare quantity needs.
- Estimate the quantity and costs of materials.
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials.
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs.
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets.
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors.
- Act as a liaison between contractors and project team.
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory.
- Identify potential financial or construction risks.
- Advise contractors on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs.
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project.
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients.
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs.
- Manage, administer and co-ordinate all types of construction and development projects, including contracts and sub-contracts, construction progress schedules, cost control systems, and work measurements.
- Provide advice on construction cost and strategic planning to project tea.
- Prepare and interpret tender documents, specifications, general conditions, and other parts and forms of contracts.
- Prepare and submit estimates for construction and development work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in related field.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience in Oil / Gas or Mining or Heavy Industrial sectors is deal.
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines.
- Good knowledge of industrial and civil works construction.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good financial and numeracy management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Computer literate.
- Manage heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work with internal stakeholders.
- Management of multiple interfaces and multiple tasks.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement