About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Backend Developer to join our client’s team. They will be responsible for developing the client’s website and internal client group web sites, providing application development as well as ongoing enhancements to support the evolution of the global Sitecore platform. This is a 6 month contract with the option to renew.
- Engage with dev teams to integrate Sitecore platform with existing information systems (people, property and office data).
- Participate in the Sitecore architectural decisions and technical design of the website. Ensure that the client’s development standards are adhered to, and the tools and processes are in place to sustain the website long term.
- Develop deep knowledge of the technical website components, to support future enhancements and further regional features/functions.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Plans, designs, develop, tests, edits, maintains, and documents look and flow of websites.
- Works with stakeholders to help them clarify their goals for establishing a website feature or function.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in object oriented design and programming required
- 5+ years Sitecore development experience and Sitecore certification is required. Experience with Sitecore 9 is highly desired.
- Hands on experience with development in .Net Framework, C# and VB .Net and database applications using MS SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience building and deploying applications and services at a global level that is feature rich and multi-lingual
- Experience integrating Solr Cloud and Coveo search engines into Sitecore required
- Knowledge and experience debugging and maintaining production level code
- Familiarity with Automated build tools, Code Management (TFS) and Continuous Integration preferred
- Familiarity with captcha, event handling, geo-location and other website functions that use 3rd party tools highly desired.
- Write code to generate web pages, access databases and business logic servers. Work with designers, content producers, and other developers to come to a solution that meets business need and technical requirements.
- Test and document software for web sites. Write, modify, and debug software for web sites
- Experience with the MVC design pattern is highly desired.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement