About this role
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions, equipment, or processes.
- Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem solving techniques.
- Contributes to successful project scoping and development by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements.
- Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of engineering projects within constraints of specific objectives, budget, resources and target dates.
- Coordinates project activities with other operating, engineering units and stakeholders to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions.
- Reviews project-related documentation for accuracy and relevancy.
- Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Holds a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process.
- Coordinates engineering activities for the defined area of responsibility for the full project life cycle.
- Ensuring compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects
- Experience in Industrial or Power Distribution Plant
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty in Power Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance;
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PEGNL) or eligibility for registration.
- Expertise in iron ore processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures;
- Experience in high voltage design;
- Experience with ETAP modeling;
- Experience in operational areas;
- Expertise in MS Suite;
- Expertise in Primavera P6;
- Expertise in SAP.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB232607
- Location: labrador city
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: ProfessionalBachelor
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: November 8, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Electrical Engineer - Newfoundland and Labrador
Confirmation sent to