About this role
- Management and technical analysis of production, test, and integration processes
- Identify and evaluate shipyard production metrics and contribute to developing technical solutions for production engineering and design challenges
- Provide technical and managerial oversight on board ship by monitoring production processes
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Weekly status updates on ships progress and direct communication with workforce to meet project schedule
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- 10+ years relevant production management experience in naval ship new construction
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training or extensive shipbuilding experience in lieu of post-secondary credentials.
- Applicants must have strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
- Previous experience managing a crew is required.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB236339
- Location: Halifax
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Shipbuilding
- Education level: ProfessionalBachelor
- Area of expertise: ConstructionAndCommissioning
- Closing date: December 2, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Ship Manager - Nova Scotia
Confirmation sent to