About this role
- Oversees the Contractor's development of the required structural deliverables within the project budget and schedule;
- Ensures that all Project requirements, as detailed in the Scope of Work, for all structures are met;
- Facilitates interfaces among the Contractor's organization with respect to structural issues on for the areas of his responsibility;
- Provides general structural engineering technical leadership, advice, and guidance as to COMPANY practices and expectations. Supervise the Contractor structural team;
- Reviews the design work of Contractors, Consultants and other third parties, request corrections and recommends changes. Ensures that the process/plant design and operability are in accordance with the Client’s operational philosophies;
- Reviews the project job specifications prepared by the Contractor(s) and ensure they are in accordance with Company’s Engineering Guides and Design Practices;
- Submits recommendations based on COMPANY’s operating and maintenance philosophies to project management;
- Liaise with vendors, sub-vendors and sub-contarctors regarding structural engineering concerns as required. Determines acceptability of equipment, techniques and methods. Checks structural material requisitions and checks the final purchase orders are in accordance with the structural specifications;
- Participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses acceptances tests.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Structural & Civil Works or similar;
- 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least 10 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects;
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry;
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we can get you the contract to suit you. With Brunel you gain experience , building on your skills and enhancing your resume.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Iswarya Badri is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement