About this role
We’re hiring a Tax Manager for our client, a global pharmaceutical company, to join their team. This is a permanent position. The Tax Manager will serve a key role within the Finance team. The position will be responsible for overseeing and leading the tax and fiscal affairs for the company, as well as other Canadian legal entities as assigned. Tax matters will include tax compliance, tax audit support, tax planning, transfer pricing, tax accounting, and serving as tax lead for Canada to corporate tax group.
- Responsible for local tax compliance activities, including provisions and the preparation and management of associated payments;
- Prepare U.S. GAAP tax reports, FIN48 analysis, and other reporting to the U.S;
- Prepare corporate income tax returns and supporting schedules;
- Manage all transfer pricing documentation requirements as required by law. Provide transfer pricing support and own the local transfer pricing policies;
- Ensure all appropriate intercompany agreements are in place, updated, and available locally;
- Ensure all intercompany billings processes are in place and payments are timely;
- Control and sign off on all indirect tax declarations and accounts;
- Control and review all other local taxes;
- Prepare necessary reporting of fiscal matters;
- Lead tax audits in Canada. Responsible for managing relationships with tax authorities and tax advisors. Primary relationship owner with external and internal auditors;
- Assist with review of statutory reports;
- Awareness of all applicable financial/taxation standards, process documentation & training materials to ensure compliant execution of responsibilities;
- Ensure ownership for all applicable SOx controls. Maintain a robust system of SOx and other controls relating to all aspects of company taxation;
- Prepare and review of statutory accounts and ensure the correct accounting classifications;
- Support the preparation and filing of withholding tax and customs reporting;
- Collaborate with US Tax to ensure compliance to US GAAP for tax accounting and reporting;
- Quarterly completion of the Affiliate’s Tax Questionnaire;
- Manage tax provisions and work with Finance Operations to ensure the timely booking of entries;
- Act as key subject matter expert on Canadian Tax and local GAAP policy/procedures interpretation including knowledge of US GAAP;
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards for the tax function;
- Influence and coordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate tax initiatives;
- Strong ability to work in collaboration with business partners with varying degrees of expertise and knowledge of technical matters;
- Forecast and manage the profitability of the legal entity;
- Support global tax and projects impacting Canada;
- Provide opinion on tax exposures and risk for the affiliate;
- Maintain strong relationships with the Canadian tax authorities and network of local tax advisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- CPA certification;
- 5+ years' Tax Experience in Multinational Companies as a Tax Manager;
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and communication skills;
- Ability to work in local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external stakeholders such as auditors and tax authorities;
- Ability to travel globally as required;
- Fluency in English language;
- Experience in Canadian tax law;
- Desire and ability to manage detail task completion and big picture analysis;
- Knowledge and experience with transfer pricing and SR&ED claims;
- Experience in U.S. tax accounting and U.S. GAAP;
- SAP system knowledge.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement