About this role
We’re hiring a Turnaround Block Coordinator for our client to join their team. This is a 7-month contract position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- As assigned by the turnaround supervision or turnaround leader, organize field coordinators, lead hands, and individuals in understanding and applying work plans and schedules.
- Provide direction on who and how work will be divided up to meet turnaround expectations. within the assigned block
- Monitor and audit overall progress of all work in a specific block and ensure work is being carried out safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure established practices for work execution are followed and provide direction of turnaround management systems, which are required to ensure that overall work meets the requirements of turnaround.
- Work with other block- coordinators to adjust activities and approaches to coordinate known priorities. Work with discipline coordinators to identify common issues or problems impacting overall ability to meet turnaround requirements and make recommendations to supervision to initiate changes
- Identify and communicate any worker performance concerns to the appropriate coordinator for resolution. May initiate interim actions to address immediate issues. Act as resource for field coordinators, lead hands, and individuals where work performance is a concern.
- Monitor required updates of work progress and initiate corrective actions to maintain overall schedule by adjusting or moving resources and equipment within their direction. Request additional resources or request reductions as required.
- Initiate appropriate actions to resolve any work package issues that inhibit work from being completed as planned.
- Lead daily planning with field coordinators, lead hands or work groups. Ensure upcoming work is aligned with schedule, communicated, and steps or activities are assigned to ensure work progresses effectively. Proactively anticipate what will help.
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification in a related field
- 10+ years of maintenance or construction coordination experience preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional Responsible Care® performance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing operations.
- Familiar with applicable Safety Codes, Acts and Regulations.
- Attention to detail and initiative.
- Strong communication and influence skills.
- Strong results orientation.
- Computer proficiency in SAP and MS office applications.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Recognize own limitations and seek assistance from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto