About this role
- Create reports and technical documents in support of studies.
- Estimate engineering effort and preparation of quotations/ proposals.
- Participate in new MMPL process and solution offerings.
- Provide process and solution design based on customers’ requirements, including concept development and CAPEX and OPEX optimization.
- Carry out equipment sizing and design in preparing studies and proposals for various customers.
- Develop project through conceptual or prefeasibility level all the way to BE or DE and further implementation.
- Provide technical support for sales people and customers on this area.
- Support project execution with process, solution and equipment-related expertise up to the start-up/commissioning of a plant
- Support in approving engineering design documents during project execution
- Explain MMPL processes and own proprietary, as well as partnership (GIW & SWM) equipment to customers in various countries
- Where necessary support design research and execute research for new applications and end-client projects.
- Relevant degree in engineering from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- A civil or construction engineering program would be an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in mineral processing/mining/process engineering
- 5+ years of experience working independently
- Strong time-management skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Experience or ability to learn to use measuring software (Bluebeam Revu, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional numeracy and mathematical skills.
- Creative problem identification, conceptualization and analytical thinking skills, with a strong understanding of mining processes
- Attention to detail with emphasis on quality
- Customer-oriented with excellent communication skills both verbally and in written English
- Ability to work effectively with a range of partners and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions
- High level communication skills.
- Ability to work in a discreet manner, maintaining confidentiality
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB225985
- Location: Sudbury
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: ProfessionalBachelor
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: September 26, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Backfill/Mining Engineer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to