About this role
- Provide leadership, direct and manage a team of Engineers and Technical Specialists in a “new build” ship construction environment.
- Responsible for daily operations regarding the leadership of Design for Build team in support of ship design & Construction.
- Streamline Design for Build processes with an emphasis on process design for cost and cycle time reduction.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
- Education Required: A Degree qualification in Engineering in relevant discipline
- Years of Experience: 15+ years of experience in shipbuilding environment
- Experience in “new build’ first of class.
- Proven ability to lead change in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB236331
- Location: Halifax
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Shipbuilding
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ConstructionAndCommissioning
- Closing date: December 2, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Deputy Director, Design Build - Nova Scotia
Confirmation sent to