About this role
We’re hiring a Contract Analyst for our client to join their team. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with potential for extension.
- Ensures an efficient and conflict free daily interface between project team members and vendors/contractors by administering contracts and resolving problems with delivery, scheduling, scope changes, pricing issues and quality concerns.
- Ensures contractual requirements are met during execution and ensures contract management procedures and internal control safeguards are effectively implemented.
- Monitors and evaluates vendor/contractor’s contractual performance and communicates their performance record by providing appropriate recognition or instructions for corrective actions. Develops and conducts vendor assessments and contract specific audit plans as required.
- Develops and maintains a network of relationships with stakeholder groups within the project and vendor/contractor community.
- Provides support with the preparation of the RFP package and technical evaluation prior to award.
- Participates in the development of sourcing and contracting strategies.
- Collects documentation and data to defend the Company’s interests and to reduce its risk exposure related to vendor/contractor claims.
- Provides technical support and analysis in the negotiation and resolutions of vendor/contractor claims.
- Assists the Manager, Contract Management in the development, implementation and maintenance of Contract Management procedures.
- Coordinates contractor mobilization, manpower ramp up, equipment training, certification and signoff;
- Receives, verifies and manages all contractual documentation, including insurance certificates, daily reports, time and material reports, etc.
- Administers Requests for Information (RFI) and the contract change management process.
- Manages Field Work Instructions, Contract Change Orders, and the pre and post change order work.
- Ensures financial control processes are enforced in accordance with corporate governance requirements.
- Leads the invoice review process, maintains invoice checklist/issues log to ensure consistent and rigorous attest.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators relating to the measurement of the services contracted, and provides regular performance assessments to the Project Team;
- Maintains tracking logs for deliveries, mobilization, claims, warranty, issues, and changes.
- Files and archives all contractual documentation, maintaining progress meeting minutes.
- Coordinates, and compiles for archiving, contract closeout requirements including final contractor documentation, title searches, final payment releases, and contractor performance record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administrator or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in financial and contractual management of contracts
- Experience in Oil / Gas or Mining or Heavy Industrial sectors is deal
- Manage heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work with internal stakeholders.
- Management of multiple interfaces and multiple tasks.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement