About this role
We’re hiring an Accounting Administrator for our client, a large Oil and Gas company, to join their team. This is a short term contract with potential for extension.
- Receive and sort timesheets from vendors
- Verify contractors’ labor hours, material and equipment costs against timesheets and vendor contract details
- Validation of timesheets against gate swipe access system for any discrepancies
- Approve validated time in TRACK system for vendor payment
- Data entry of Non-Track vendors’ labor hours, material and equipment costs into Excel for upload into Forecaster program
- Identify issues related to timesheets and communicate these with vendor timekeepers or Shell field leads
- Identify discrepancies based on contracts in place for the Turnaround event and communicate these with Contracting & Procurement (CP) team
- Work closely with Turnaround Cost Control Team to identify trends
- Assist with the preparation of daily accruals for vendor time not yet submitted
- Ad hoc duties as required by TCT Lead
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in accounting, business, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting administrative duties.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and credibly while demonstrating. integrity with Turnaround management team, CP team, external vendors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Accounting knowledge – understanding and creating accruals and performing reconciliations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Above average Excel skills and understanding required.
- Previous Turnaround or Energy industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Previous SAP experience would be considered an asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement