About this role
We’re hiring an Electrical HSSE Advisor for our Oil and Gas client for a large mega construction project. This is a 2 year contract.
- Support the project with respect to marine HSSE inspections, HSSE audits, HSSE reviews, incident investigations and LFIs.
- Meet regulatory and site specific HSSE objectives/strategies and anticipate/forward planning of supporting work for OHS and the site HSSE Program compliance process.
- Interface with management, Contractor, stakeholder or work site based HSSE teams.
- Promote effective communication and working relationships in HSSE matters between the project sites, the various HSSE groups and Project leadership.
- Build HSSE competencies and capability at the project level.
- Support the Construction HSSE Lead through various improvement projects and initiatives.
- Functional (program, technical support and coaching) reporting to the Construction HSSE Lead, this position provides the “face of the HSSE MS for Construction” for any site-specific HSSE Program implementation.
- Supporting team with awareness of and maintaining project's marine safety and security commitments made during define are met during execute.
- Accountability for the management of consistent implementation of Construction HSSE program and processes for the client.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the Safety team in support of Terminal A & B construction.
- Overseeing HSSE activities and ensuring that project deliverables are proceeding according to plan.
- Representing the Construction HSSE Lead in meetings with main or sub-tier Contractors.
- Ensuring that the Main Contractor completes a Contractor Pre-Qualification processes for sub-tier Contractors.
- Providing technical input and subject matter expertise (SME) with respect to the Construction HSSE program.
- Accountable for monitoring, reporting of compliance and assurance against HSSE objectives/targets as well as Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements.
- Advising on the readiness capability of medical facilities, security and emergency response.
- Overseeing and providing input in contractor and subcontractor’s Occupational Health management, including application of the project “Fitness to Work” procedure.
- Ensuring that the HSSE-related records and documentation is maintained and developing processes for ensuring that contractors comply with project agreed record retention requirements.
- Developing the HSSE audit processes aimed at monitoring compliance with OHS and project requirements through participation in regular audits and site visits.
- Providing an assurance role in the HSSE function – ensures that contractor teams have controls in place for effective management of HSSE risks, ensuring they are understood and mitigations or controls are put in place in a timely fashion.
- Establishing effective working relationship with the Contractor and the client HSSE Personnel to align on key HSSE improvement areas.
- Journeyman Electrician with a background in Construction HSSE. A strong electrical background is a pre-requisite for this position.
- 20+ years of experience on Mega Construction Projects in the construction industry is mandatory.
- 7+ years of experience working within major EPCM and Owner Organizations in the field of HSSE.
- Ability to work in a team environment but with proven ability to work independently and make decisions that are timely and effective.
- Rotations may be 14/7 (10 hour shifts) or adjusted to accommodate project scope and timing.
- Very good organizational and time management skills are a necessary asset.
- Leadership skills, (with construction supervisor experience) including the ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills – requirement for presentation and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive workloads to effective resolution.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement