About this role
- Provide engineering design and modification for mechanical system following design processes;
- Provide review and oversight to subcontracted engineering firms with preparation of mechanical related detailed design documents;
- Evaluate contractor proposals during construction;
- System testing and commissioning of system on site;
- Trouble-shooting and ongoing system support for existing and new mechanical systems;
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, and by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials engineering;
- Design parts, components and assemblies to meet requirements of assigned projects;
- Create CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) to support manufacturing, testing and assembly, and support components to assist with assembly;
- Work with senior and fellow engineers, Technical and Implementation Leaders abroad to develop alternatives and options for further development of projects and products;
- Work with Drafting Technicians to issue engineering drawing packages for procurement or manufacturing.
- Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process.
- Provide technical and engineering support for day-to-day processing, product development and process improvements;
- Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties;
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components;
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and system capabilities, and confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes;
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends;
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and codes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university, preferably P.Eng.;
- At least 7 years’ experience in supporting Mechanical process systems;
- Strong knowledge of CAD 3D modeling, SolidWorks drawings and machine design with experience in design analyses;
- Must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills (knowledge of MS Office);
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with team;
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally up and down the organization;
- Self Motivated, with the ability to work independently against objectives;
- Ability to think critically and take necessary decision for the business;
- Effective project management skills and ability to meet the deadlines;
- Hands-on and can-do attitude;
- Willingness to take on non-traditional tasks, roles, responsibilities and challenges needed to accomplish company goals and objectives.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB266382
- Location: Kanata
- Market: LifeSciencesAndHealthCare
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Pharmaceutical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: June 21, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Mechanical Design Engineer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to