About this role
- Works directly with EPCM to support and assure their development of basis of design, scopes of work, specifications, technical bid evaluations, and award recommendations;
- Implement Owner requirements into Hoisting systems designs and Procurement packages including Engineering Standards, Design Criteria, Master Specs, Production plans, and Safety in Design;
- Implements the Functional Safety Management program with Safety and practical hoist management in mind;
- Support existing hoisting, winching and shaft lining operations;
- Interface with Mines Inspectors and other Regulatory bodies;
- Implement design to ensure planned hoist availability and reliability for maximum production time;
- Develop the hoist systems maintenance program with the Asset management and Operational Readiness team;
- During Project Execution, support Construction in the fabrication, re-assembly, and commissioning of hoisting systems;
- Govern the management of change process related to Hoisting Systems and their interfaces.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and advanced knowledge of multidiscipline engineering and industry standard practices;
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact and influence consultants and stakeholders;
- Experience/understanding of Hoisting systems design, operation and maintenance;
- Experience designing, manufacturing, integrating, construction and commissioning of hoisting systems for underground potash or soft-rock mining;
- Experience with oversight, due diligence review, managing or supervising EPCM work in site/construction conditions as well in as in office environments;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Operational experience equivalent;
- Experience in underground mining operations is required; particularly in Potash or other mineral / soft rock mining operations is preferred.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB228028
- Location: SASKATOON
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: Other
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: October 10, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Principal Hoisting Engineer - Saskatchewan
Confirmation sent to