About this role
- Responsible for daily security operations tasks for internally managed systems.
- Collaborate with other members of the IT/ADAMS team and follows the direction established by IT Senior Management.
- Support business functions in the definition and implementation of security controls, processes, and tools to comply with IT security policies and manage information security risks.
- Monitor daily system events, maximum system availability and service quality.
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment or associated components which may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats or vulnerabilities.
- Establish a strong automation SecOps culture.
- Implement and manage automated security pen testing solutions.
- Implement and manage effective SIEM dashboard based on elk stack.
- Develop documentation associated with maintenance releases and keep them updated.
- Participate in developing standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards.
- Manage the daily internal development team requests for changes to their security infrastructure and liaise where deemed necessary with Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance.
- Prepare changes for security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity access management etc.
- Participate in new integration projects and services and prepare implementations.
- Review and interpret security alerts and provide diagnostics in the management of incidents to support end-users.
- Coordinates the handling and resolution of the IT security incidents or security breaches and reports to Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance.
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and develop mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is applied, and ensure that end-users are informed.
- Evaluate new security technology and emerging threats and provide recommendations to strengthen the organization’s infrastructure.
- Configure, install, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations based on security best practices.
- Providing information security training to the organization’s staff, as requested or required.
- Observe security management best practices.
- Maintain up to date IT security policies and related procedures, guidelines, and other supporting documentation.
- Conduct or participate in IT security policy audits as directed
- University or College degree in Computer Science;
- 5+ years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field;
- Knowledge of AWS & Azure is a must;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design;
- Experience in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting of firewalls from multiple vendors;
- Experience in daily management and troubleshooting of intrusion detection and prevention systems (IPS);
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions including authentication capabilities, authorization, and encryption as well as securing device access;
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Windows servers, Linux;
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls and Networking;
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, Ruby, Python);
- Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks;
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics;
- Knowledge of security information events management (SIEM).
- Excellent oral and written skills in English or French, and very good command of the other official language (additional languages would be an asset)
- Fit with organizational culture: Teamwork, team spirit and love of sport.
- Periodic evening and/or weekend work expected.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Publication: PUB264200
- Location: Montreal
- Market: LifeSciencesAndHealthCare
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Research Facilities
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Safety
- Closing date: June 5, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching IT Operations Security Specialist - Quebec
Confirmation sent to