About this role
- Work directly with the leader for a given project to:
- Process large quantities of data in an efficient & organized manner.
- Develop hypotheses for areas of opportunity or improvement.
- Constructively challenge the status-quo and provide input into strategies to optimize the business performance.
- Actively and respectfully share your point of view in a multi stakeholder context.
- Help plan and scope the required activities needed as part of the project.
- Prepare documents and synthesis of results for effective communication.
- Participate in key workshops and activities as assigned in the project.
- Support those working on the project to lead and sustain the methods and practices.
- Demonstrate autonomy while being a key team player.
- Deliver results to the organization and ensure the implementation plans to support your recommendations are in place.
- Ensure all material and documents are appropriately captured in knowledge management system.
- Recommend cross-fertilization of practices globally in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field e.g. Business, Engineering.
- M.Sc. or MBA desirable.
- Five years management consulting experience, or two years management consulting experience combined with three years industry experience. Operational experience is highly regarded.
- Data and value-driven – you will be able to understand and translate data into meaningful insights. Expected to filter, analyze and validate complex and dynamic information.
- Highly analytical and critical thinker – you have a creative outlook combined with practicality and a strategic focus.
- Tenacious – you will tackle complex problems that require perseverance and a “can do mindset”.
- Humble – you will be accessible to all stakeholders we work with in order to influence the transformation of Rio Tinto.
- Curious – you enjoy stimulating intellectual challenges, and have fun working in a multinational team.
- Mobile – you will be able and willing to travel within Canada and internationally. Your previous work experience speaks for itself and demonstrates your adherence to a high standard work ethic. You should ideally have:
- Experience in transformation projects and in implementing recommendations to deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting analysis, ensuring accurate and updated data from varying sources and interpreting complex results to find key opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise critical thinking and challenging pre-established conceptions.
- Good understanding of business improvement principles and practices.
- Experience in project management and change management.
- The ability to work in English and French as our clients are bilingual.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB240283
- Location: MONTREAL
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of expertise: ProjectManagementAndServices
- Closing date: December 6, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Consultant - Quebec
Confirmation sent to