About this role
We are hiring an experienced Combat Management System Software Engineer for a permanent position with our client, a Canadian Shipbuilder and in-service support provider.
- Participate in the CSC IPT structure to coordinate and manage all stakeholder interests, governing standards, and CSC requirements applicable to CSC CMS, Multi-Link and Tactical Data Link systems.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition, design, integration and testing for all aspects of the CSC CMS software and other associated software programs.
- Provide expertise in the development and evaluation of documentation products related to the requirements definition, design, integration, installation and test of CMS software.
- Support the coordination of scheduling, planning and conduct of CMS software activities to ensure that related program milestones are met.
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the CMS team lead.
- Provide support in evaluating software engineering change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues related to the CMS software design, integration, test and acceptance activities are understood and recorded.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives).
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the Combat Systems team and be a role model for professional behavior.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for this qualification.
- Post graduate qualification is desirable in an area related to Systems Engineering.
A minimum of seven years’ experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects;
- Knowledge on Combat Management Software
- Knowledge of Combat System Architecture;
- Design, installation, setting to work, integration and testing of Combat Management Systems, tactical data links and multi-link Systems;
- Configuration Management and Change Control;
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience in the following fields would be preferred:
- Engineering for Naval platforms;
- Software design, integration, validation and verification;
- Design, production, test and trials on a ship construction program;
- Conducting Sea Acceptance trials; and
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement