About this role
- Ensure conformance with the organization’s Charter, the Business Requirements, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Utilizes the Cost Engineering standards and practices in the provision of Project Services for a project.
- Provides administration of the cost engineering system.
- Utilizes data from the project estimates and the baseline schedule to create the project budget for execution phase.
- Predicts and mitigates potential cost impacts to the project by facilitating, monitoring and reporting changes in accordance with the Project Management of Change process.
- Maintains a current overall project forecast to project completion, including owner’s costs and implementation contractor’s costs in the cost engineering system.
- Estimates incurred cost, including costs that have not been invoiced or otherwise recorded as booked cost as of the reporting date (accruals).
- Generates, reviews and analyses the appropriate, mandated cost reports monthly from a single data source.
- Provides cash flow forecast input to Finance, Project Services Program, or other members of the project leadership team.
- Provides budget cost input for packages of work to Supply and Project Contracts & Procurement.
- Receives commitment and spent information from necessary members of the project team, contractors, and Finance and Project Contracts & Procurement, and collates data into cost engineering system.
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, including opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the sub-function.
- Support Project Management of Change process.
- Manage 3rd party consultants supporting / supplementing the cost engineering function
- Impact on the business unit by influencing decision through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in relation to the discipline.
- Make decisions on a functional level that impacts the strategy of the function.
- Impact is on a work area such as that the work and performance of all teams within the area will be directly affected by the performance of the jobholder, which will eventually impact the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business (Finance or Accounting Major), Engineering, Quantity Surveying or related discipline.
- Certification from AACE and/or PMI, or other related project management certification is favourable.
- Capital project experience/EPCM experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Cost Engineering processes, systems and tools.
- Proven ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Progressive work experience with responsibility in a project environment focused on Project Services or related disciplines
- Technically proficient in Cost Engineering principles and practices.
- Experience in key business systems, such as SAP, Excel, Procon, Ecosys.
- Ability to engage with & communicate effectively across multiple business units and functional areas.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to apply the business strategy into the way we work
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Publication: PUB240553
- Location: SASKATOON
- Market: OilGasAndMining
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: EngineeringAndDesign
- Closing date: December 30, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Specialist Cost Engineering - Saskatchewan
Confirmation sent to